Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Paris Solidarity Fair

Make Trade Fair album coverImage via WikipediaHey everyone,

I went to the Paris Solidarity Fair on Saturday and that reminded me one of the hurdles of getting involved in ecotourism: money. It is harder to lauch a business in this sector than for normal tourism for a couple of reasons (less significant return on investment, more risky, etc) because investors are not familiar with the concept or just do not see the point. I talked to different persons at this fair and we agreed that usually you start with our own money or through some kind of collect/donation. Here are some tools to help you get over this process of accumulating enough money to start:

http://www.izi-collecte.com/blog/
A French website that basically works as a platform and lets you build page on which you explain your project and invite people to finance it.

https://www.smartypig.com/
An American website that enables you to build a financial plan for a personal project and that lets family and friends seeing what you do and help you through donations.

I am still looking for this kind of website so please if you find more information leave a link.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: