Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2010 Winter Olympics, an eco-tourist experience??

Countdown to the 2010 Winter Olympics, Vancouv...Image by synthetichem via Flickr
Just found an article about the way these Olympics will be organised in Vancouver in less than two years. It seems that the authorities want to seize this opportunity to put forward Canadian aboriginal cultures and then develop a new form of tourism in Canada that will enable people to discover and experience these cultures.

We always have to be cautious with this kind of initiatives because sometimes it looks like a 19th century human zoo, but any effort aiming to promote fairly aboriginal cultures should be endorsed.

Have a look here


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: