Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Towards an International Definition of Ecotourism?


One of the main hurdles of ecotourism is the absence of international agreement over what ecotourism is and the difficulty to appease everyone with an appropriate definition.

But this time is almost over!!! Some main actors of the industry are joining their forces in order to elaborate an international label.

The work is still underway but it should be released on October 6th.

If you want to have more information, go there.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Ron Mader said...

There's no need for a universally accepted definition. It would be nice, but it's not going to happen.

Here's my take on understanding the glut of definitions
http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/tour/definitions.html