Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ecotourism in Australia: A Chance for this Endangered Ecosystem

Alice Springs Desert Park, Sand Drawing AboriginalImage via WikipediaIn my last post I talked about how fragile the nature in Australia is and the different threats (mass tourism; climate change) endangering it. Fortunately more people are becoming aware of the situation and taking actions.

Two ecotourist project were distinguished for their achievements: The Wayoutback Desert Safarbased in Alice Springs, allows people to discover the outback without destroying it and Pacific Asia Tourism which described themselevs as a "research, consultancy and education/training organization focused on the capacity of sustainable tourism to contribute to the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals".

The more this kind of project we can find, the more Australia has some chances to preserve its unique ecosystem.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: