Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Friday, December 19, 2008

Global Criteria For Ecotourism


We have been saying for a long time now that one of the drawbacks of ecotourism now was the absence of global standards that would have enabled anyone to have a better visibility of the actors and to identify an environmentally friendly service provider for your next holidays. The Partnership for Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria launched by the Rainforest Alliance, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the United Nations Foundation, and the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) will give anyone access to a reliable source of information that will help to make their mind. It will also help all the actors of the industry to fight greenwashing and to expel all the fake green service providers. Have a look!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]