Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pros and Cons of Ecotourism: Problems in Galapagos

Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. One of the most fa...Image via WikipediaI have always said that this blog will be a place for ecotourism in general and that I will deal with the cons of ecotourism and publish any valuable opinion/argument that will show the limits of this new form or respectful holidays. I found an old article from The Economist about the dangers of Ecotourism in Galapagos.

There is also this tragic incident in Africa: ecotourists visiting rainforest are not in purpose killing primates by carrying fatal germs. These are really good example showing the limits of ecotourism and all the side effect that at the end can have bring the same evils that normal tourism if it is not regulated.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: