Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Top 10 Lists


I found this new list of "Top 10 Green Travel Experience". I like this kind of list as it makes me want to travel more and discover new things. But I just got a bit tired of it as I saw DOZENS of these lists pretending to offer "the ultimate experience". I do not want to fully criticize the people that they have made these lists as it is a lot of efforts to put everything together and also because it promotes ecotourism.
Forrest Gump (character)Image via Wikipedia
But I just feel that the travel you really want to accomplish is something so unique and personal that you should almost put all the pieces together by yourself. Everyone has its personal way of looking at things, engaging the conversations and finding its own balance. Ecotourism is all about the journey, the fact you leave the background you are used to in order to become a bit different (e.g. more open minded and sensible) and then to look at things differently when you are back.


Ecotourism should be about the humane experience and may be not be a fully packed tour. which would make it adventurous again. I have the utmost respect for people that follow the Forrest Gump's philosophy "life is a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get". Ecotourism should be, in a sense, a box of chocolates too.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]