Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Green Island on the Green Side

Lough Leane, County Kerry, IrelandImage via Wikipedia

Ireland is one of the most beautiful country I have ever seen and I have to say that its inhabitants are truly part of this beauty. I sometimes believe they have been cursed as they have produced an awful monster such a s Ryanair that tries by any means to bypass labor law ,get money out of their consumers and do not have any consideration for the environment.

And to be as straightforward (but more honest and not as loud) as Michael O'Leary, the CEO of the airline company, there are not the cheapest airline anymore (I mean when you are at the checkouts, not on the advertisment).

So I think that it is quite good that there are some website like Greenbox that have been for a couple of years showing how to go green in Ireland. And it is quite easy, as you can start by discovering the country by bike: as you travel more slowly, you take the time to enjoy everything around you (even the Irish rain and wind!!). Ryanair is probably not going to stay there forever, but the emerald island can be greener than before if we act responsively.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]