Welcome

I write this blog about ecotourism because I have a big interest in this topic and I do think it can make a difference. I want to share what I find/think interesting about it.
This blog is yours, please feel free to add any comment/suggestion/feedback or email me at guillaume.foutry (at) gmail.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Being Green and Being Happy: More than a Possibility, a Reality!

A map of Costa RicaImage via Wikipedia

I just came across this study made by the New Economic Foundation: Costa Rica is the greenest and happiest country in the world! Incredible! I know the notion of what brings happiness is different from one culture to another one, and even from one individual to another one, but I could not help myself to smile at this.

Costa Rica is still fairly poor compared to European and Northern Americans countries but enjoys a relative prosperity compared to its neighbours. It has been able to develop a vast program of environmental preservation and then save a large part of its rich ecosystem. This now constitutes the cornerstone of its economy as tourism and more especially ecotourism provide an essential part of economic resources to its inhabitants. Even if I have commented on the limit of ecotourism in this country, I still recognize it is the leader in this field. And now I would not go to the point that ecotourism buy happiness, but it would say it seems to help!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]